Sing Scripture logo design

Case Study

Sing Scripture logo design

Client: Sing Scripture/Jeff Zabel
Project Link(s): +Sing Scripture online +Spotify +iTunes +Amazon +Google Play +YouTube +Twitter +Facebook +Instagram
Completion Date: January 18, 2018
Tools Used: Adobe Illustrator, Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch
Skills: Brand Design, Flat Design, Icon, Identity Design, Illustration, Layout Design, Lettermark, Logo Design, Logo Integration, Masthead Design, Monogram, Reflection, Shape Building, Sketching, Typography, Vector Design, Vector Drawing, Wordmark

Project Overview:

  • Jeff was looking for a logo design that would represent a musical project called “Sing Scripture.” Sing Scripture’s purpose is to leverage the power of a catchy tune to hide (memorize) God’s Word (the Bible) in our hearts. It takes verses from the Bible verbatim and puts them to a song. It’s a quality scripture memorizing resource not just for kids but one that would appeal to adults as well. The melodies are singable, the production value is high, and the styles and arrangements are varied. By inviting different artists to sing on each track and dipping into various genres like jazz, rock, pop, country, electronic, R&B, rap, classical, and acoustic, every song will have it’s own unique fingerprint.
  • The design is of two letter “s” forms that, when one is reflected, form a heart shape including an abstract open book, the Bible, inside the negative space. Each limb extends from the heart shape for creating a cross before extending into two half notes.  For the wordmark, I was specifically interested in the letters: S, N, G, R and T. Ideally, I wanted a monoline typeface that would enhance the symbol. Something that would have both straight lines and curves, but still look elegant and simple. I found some geometric letters that had the monoline forms, I craved, but the contrast was too much to work with our logo. I started thinking something like a wire or paperclip type might work, but it was still too organic and, although closer in form, I didn’t feel like the weight worked. I finally settled on a condensed san serif that possessed the style and weight that matched our logomark, I created some slight customizations.